Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 1 September 2012

Windy.

It has been a blustery day with quite a few sunny spells. A good day for Peter to be out gig racing. Today it was the 2 Bridges Race. They start at Bideford, rowed up the Torridge River out to the estuary and then back down the River Taw to Barnstaple Old Bridge, at total of 9 1/2 miles. Linas and Shaslee went in with Peter so it has been a quiet afternoon at home.

I was up fairly early as today my new washing machine was being delivered. As usual we got a phone call from the delivery men as their SatNav had taken them to Rookabear lane, a dirt track half a mile away. I ended up buying from Curry's as  I couldn't find the same model cheaper anywhere else, not once I factored in free delivery and removal of the old machine. I have run into one problem though, I had assumed that all standard machines are the same size but this one is 10cms wider and deeper. There's only one spot for it to go and right now you can't open the room door properly. Oops. Also delivered today was my Minas Tirith print, Hooray! Much of my fascination with LOTR is with the design aspect of the scenery, architecture, furniture and other objects. All the posters I've seen (& bought) feature the characters so I was excited to find these canvas prints. Even more so now I've got both for the price of one.
I'm so glad that with the returning sun and the flowering of the sedum the butterflies are beginning to fill the garden once more.
I spent some time in the garden finishing off  cutting off the dead flower stalks from the santolina hedge. Comments were passed that I shouldn't be gardening but as these were not accompanied by offers of help I just got on with the job. I also put several coats of teak oil on the garden table and one of the chairs so I feel I have accomplished something today.

No comments: