Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 29 September 2012

Windy.

It has been another fine and sunny day with the temp going up to 14C. A steady breeze has made it a good drying day and I was able to get some sheets out on the line. Peter has been giving the Rayburn a service. After 20 years he is getting the hang of it though all the engineers he has talked to say our particular model is the worst one ever to service. Right now we are at the crucial stage of waiting to see if it will run at a working temperature now it has all been put back together. Sometimes it takes several adjustments before it is all up and running. 
I've had a productive day too. First I cleared out all Linas' things from our best spare room (there are still 2 other bedrooms full of his stuff), and gave it a good clean. Then as it was such a nice day I went out and worked in the garden. I weeded the veg patch thoroughly and planted up more cuttings of some of my favourite plants. Really it is not a veg patch any more but a plant nursery. I just stick cuttings or self sown seedlings in the soil and see what will grow. From last year I have some very bright purple buddlia, aubretia, lamb's ears, sedum and ornamental grasses all doing well and ready to plant out next spring.
Even a small patch of sun brightens up the garden.

No comments: