Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Autumnal.

We had typical autumn weather today, sunny spells between heavy showers. Driving down the last set of hills this morning, a little earlier than usual as I had more to organise, my view was even more spectacular than usual. Unlike yesterday when the low angle of the morning light was creating undulating contours on a hillside field where the straw lay in narrow rows, today was quite dramatic. Above me were dark grey clouds, over to my left, less than half a mile away was a small hill which was wreathed in very dark clouds that were melting down to ground level. Coming in at right angles on my right was a steep wooded valley with its own small white clouds below the tops of the hills and separate from the general cloud layer. And looking straight ahead into the distance, was a break in the clouds over the bay so that the sea was shinning silver and the sky above was bright blue. Unfortunately there is nowhere on that stretch where I can stop and take a picture.
I taught all day; Year 2 in the morning and because the new reception children do not start full days for a couple more weeks, in the afternoon I was working on displays and printing pictures from the Internet. Once home my energy was still on the up so I did lots of hoovering, cleaned bathrooms and went outside to check on the road dams. I actually went out last night just before bed as I would rather spend 10 mins in the rain and dark making sure the water does not pour down the drive than be faced with the back breaking task of raking up the drive. All that work made me feel mentally much better but got me reaching for the painkillers once more.

No comments: