Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 2 September 2012

Wet.

It has really felt like autumn today with fine rain all day long. The summer is over and it's back to work next week. I've no idea when I get my gall bladder op so I can't make any definite plans but it will mean some more time at home.

Linas went up on the train to the airport to see Shasleigh off after her stay here. They spent the afternoon in Exeter first.  I've just come home from collecting Linas from the station, normally I like driving on the country roads at night because you know by the lights if there are cars around the many bends but tonight it was hard trying to peer through the wisps of fogs that were dancing about across the road.
Everything is very damp and all the plants are festooned with sparkling dew drops from the continual soft rain. Just the right sort of day for snuggling up on the sofa and watching films. And enjoying a piece of the fat free sponge that Shasleigh made using only eggs whites as I'm not sure about egg yolks. Oh I long for the day I can tuck into a good roast dinner or indeed any normal foods.

Looking out of the window earlier I first noticed a branch shaking and then spotted this squirrel filling up on hawthorn berries. Luckily my camera was next to me and I was able to take some pictures through the window.

No comments: