Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Bright And Breezy.

It was one of those mornings when my busy schedule fell to pieces. My first task was to package up some more of Linas' belongings to post off. They were slightly too big for the box so I had to make a few adjustments. Finally after using up a mile or so of packing tape I wrote the address, stood back to admire my work and realised I had left out all the monitor cables . No time to repack as I was due at the hospital so I got out the appointment letter from the file and found that although when I spoke on the phone the appointment was for 10.20 on the letter it was for 10.00, something I hadn't noticed when I got the letter. I sped off down the road and then muttered darkly when I got stuck in a convoy behind a slow moving coach. Parking a few streets away from the hospital (because on principle I won't pay their exorbitant car park charges) I semi-jogged to the hospital arriving only 5 minutes late but very hot and puffed out. I was seen 5 minutes later so I was still all flustered and trying hard not to cough. A few days ago I had got the usual back-to-work sore throat and yesterday it had developed into a full blown cold. Today I have been croaking like a frog but when the nurse filling in my pre-op form asked if I had a sore throat I smiled sweetly and said no. I've got 2 and half weeks to get over this cold so I should be OK. Blood pressure and ECG were fine and they didn't do an MRSA check because it is only day surgery. (What happens if they have to convert to open surgery? ).
As I didn't have Linas' parcel ready to post I went back home for an hour, re-did the parcel and had a breather looking at the planning for the afternoon before heading back to work. My voice was pretty croaky for the afternoon which is not the best thing when you are teaching but I asked the children to be extra quiet and listen carefully which they made a good effort at. And that included a PE lesson. After work I drove into town and lugged the 9 and a half kilo parcel up to the Post Office and it is now on its way to Belfast.
I stopped on the way home to take some photos of the sea shining in the sun. The wind was noticeably cooler and we are due a sharp drop in temperature tonight. Time to be getting out the fluffy pyjamas soon.

No comments: