Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 23 September 2012

Rain.

Nothing but rain all day today. It was predicted and amber weather warnings are out for this evening but last night when the shipping forecast was for gales I jumped out of bed to reinforce the dirt dams on the road. (It wasn't raining at the time.) Peter went out rowing this morning and came back soaking wet but that never seems to deter him. I've just pottered about doing a few tidying up jobs. Peter made a temporary fix on the leaking pipe but until the plumber has been and the floors have dried out I can't put the bathroom back to rights. The downstairs toilet does need a new ceiling but it will be cheaper to get someone in than to pay the excess on the insurance. The whole room needs re-doing - tiles on the floor and the walls re-plastered. I think I may have come up with a solution to the problem of the too big washing machine that doesn't involve sawing bits off the door, I'll let you know if it works.
And because I don't like to publish a post without at least one photo here's a happy seal from yesterday.

No comments: