Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 9 September 2012

Dry.

It seems the swallows have left us to spend their winter in warmer climes. Yesterday the usual number were flying overhead and today not one was to be seen. So the summer truly over. The holidays are over, my official convalescence is over, and the house is quiet once more. 
Now I need to get back into work mode and tackle the house and garden. Very little housework was done this summer. My men cooked for themselves and cleared up the kitchen, sort of, but cleaning was mostly passed over. Linas did clean up his rooms before Shasleigh came to visit and some hoovering when asked but there is so much I need to do. I'm not supposed to complain because that kind of cleaning isn't necessary anyway and my standards are too exacting! ( cheese sitting on raw bacon anyone?), but I don't think I will ever have the mentality to happily accept that I should clear up after everyone else.  
It has been an overcast but mild day today. Peter went off rowing in the morning and as well from tidying and ironing sheets I did a little digging up of grass roots. And that was my day.

No comments: