Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Breezy.

Even though I rang the dentist first thing this morning all they could offer me was a 15 minute appointment on Friday to asses the problem and give some pain relief but there were no long appointments until the end of next week. Luckily the pain killers I have at home are keeping the worst of the pain at bay and I took the Friday appointment. Peter tells me there is a drop-in dental clinic at the Health Centre in town so I shall try that after school tomorrow. 
It has been sunny again today with a brisk breeze blowing. Perfect drying weather but I'm running out of things to wash. I was debating washing some curtains but I've already got bedding to iron so instead I've been finding random items such as jackets, bathroom mats and the cats' blankets. I've tidied most of the scree garden and hopefully it will all be done before we have rain. Then I can move some plants around to fill in the gaps.
The weather was so lovely that I ended the afternoon by taking the Reception children down to the Secret Garden and reading them a story under the giant weeping willow. After school we had a staff training session  (which I hadn't known about) on Executive Functioning Difficulties (cognitive abilities of the brain adversely affected by medical and psychological damage in the early years) and strategies we can use to help children with these problems. It was very interesting but the pain killers were wearing off and my tooth-ache was a bit of a distraction.
Driving down the hill I noticed that the ponies' fields were a mass of daisies and buttercups. Pretty but probably not very nutritious.
Inside the house a large bumble bee was crawling across the hall carpet. I let him crawl into a plastic jug and then took him outside to the aquiligeas. There he spent some time stocking up on pollen or nectar. That was my good deed for the day.

No comments: