Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Sunny.

I can only describe today as a lovely summer's day. I set off for work early in that haze that tells you it is going to be hot and sunny. It felt quite bucolic driving up the hill past 3 pretty ponies sleeping in a sunny field of buttercups. Then I had to stop at the Lewis' farm to let the cows walk across from the field to the yard for milking (the same happened on my way home).
My morning was spent in a Year 1 class. We nearly always start with guided reading and instead of taking my small group of children off to find a corner of the hall or the staff room I shifted one of the mats from the outdoor area into the sun and we sat outside to read. So much nicer. The morning activity for that class who have been learning about halves and quarters, was to put extra toppings on some small plain pizzas which were then baked and shared out between the children. This afternoon has been the first of 2 'shuffle up' afternoons when the children spend the afternoon in the class they will be in after the summer holidays. I was down in Reception welcoming the children who will be starting school in September. They came into class with their mothers and then came the difficult task of getting the mums to go in the hall for a talk while the children stayed with us. Naturally there were a few tears and it took all our skills to interest the children in the activities so that the mums could slip away. Also there are a number of children with extra emotional and developmental needs who will need even more support.. 
I took the Micra in for its MOT in the morning and there were a couple of extra bits to do as always. Now I have to fork out another £140 for a year's car tax. Good thing I'm doing all this extra work. Coming home I flung myself in the shower and my clothes in the washing machine. Then, as there are no meetings to go to tonight, I sat out in the sun by the scree garden. It would be lovely if we have a few more days like this.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I'm afraid if I lived in such a beautiful country I would be late everywhere I went. So many picture taking ops. Sounds like a good morning for a country drive.