Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 7 June 2013

Windy.

It was still hot today but the weather is definitely turning. There was a lot of wind and now it is overcast and cooler. Still we have had 5 sunny days.
As I drove to my dental appointment this morning I wondered why there were still youngsters waiting for the school bus. A quick glance at my watch showed that it was 8.20 not the 9.20 I had thought. With an hour to kill I went and to Tescos and BJ's both of which I had planned to go to after the dentist. At the surgery the dentist took x-rays and tapped my teeth but could find no signs of infection or decay. Only a tiny bit of decay which can be fixed later but nothing to explain the amount of pain I had been in. He checked the hole under the crown on my lower jaw but my dental hygiene is good and there is no problem there. He did check the bite between the upper and lower molars, both of which have crowns, and found that they were only meeting in one small area. That hasn't been a problem before because until I lost the molar on the other side I never chewed on the left side of my mouth. But for the last 6 months that has been my only option. He ground down the top surface of the crown so that the teeth meet better and hopefully that should do the trick. I was sure that I was going to lose at least one tooth which would have left me unable to chew, only nibble with my front teeth. But thankfully that is not the case, at least for the moment.
I was working in the scree garden this afternoon when the hen started the 'I've laid an egg.' cackle but even though I searched through the long weeds of the orchard, and got stung by stinging nettles for my pains, I couldn't find an egg. Perhaps she was just thinking about laying an egg. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the white on white. Almost missed the butterfly on the white flowers.