Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Soft Rain.

Summer is definitely over for the moment. It has been grey, windy and humid with frequent soft rain. Getting up for work this morning I really regretted the fact that I had stayed up reading until midnight yesterday. I aim to try and get to sleep a lot earlier tonight. My day at work flew by. I taught Year 2 in the morning, had a lunchtime staff meeting and then taught Year 1 followed by the Reception children in the afternoon. The high point of the day came right at the end of the school afternoon. I was reading a story to the children when the Teaching Assistant interrupted me asking if I would like her to take over reading the story. I was a little confused until I realised that Claire had brought her week-old twins in. I'm not a massive fan of babies (puppies and kittens yes!), but these 2 were ultra sweet. As they were born early they are still in sleep mode and look just like 2 little dolls. I held the little girl and she felt so tiny. Although she was asleep her body and legs were quite rigid ( I could feel things happening in her nappy) while her sleeping brother was relaxed and floppy. I'm sure they will be visiting their 20 aunties quite often even before their older brother starts school in September.
Coming home I stopped at the top of the drive to take these misty pictures around 5.00.

1 comment:

happyone said...

A gray day. Good for staying home and reading!!