Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Sunny.

Yesterday evening we had a test flight of Bill's kite. I've photoshopped in  the outline of the turbine on one of the photos I took. (I couldn't see the kite until I looked at it on the pc.) When you consider that the 2 little blobs below it are full sized trees 100ft from the turbine I think it is obvious why we do not feel this is appropriate for our countryside. Our campaign had a boost this evening when the BBC ran it as the second item on their half hour round up of local news. The piece ended with a local MP saying that the country had reached its quota for wind turbines and that the latest legislation ensures that the view of the local community plays an important part in the final decision. Sadly 80% of turbines initially rejected by the local authorities get through on appeal but hopefully the new legislation should help redress that.
We have had a lot of sun today and we finally managed to run the children's sports day which went well. After 2 weeks of working  almost full time I really appreciated the chance to have a bit of a lie-in before washing my hair and pottering around doing housework. Got some hoovering done and tidied the kitchen. I think there should be a special word for that pile of papers that that is a feature on our kitchen table. I've checked with friends and they have them too. How about dwil (Deal With It Later) heap? Well our dwil heap is greatly reduced now that I've cut out coupons from the free magazines, filed away things that need to be kept and thrown away everything else.
After school I went into town to change my library books and buy oat bran, sunflower seeds and carob coated ginger at the health food shop. There was just time to bake some flapjacks and have a cup of tea before heading out to the Shirwell PCC meeting. We weren't so confident about this one as last time they had decided not to express an opinion but some of us got a chance to talk and they did vote to reject the planning application. Being an adjoining parish their views are not as important as the Marwood one but it all helps,
There is a big patch of yellow flag iris looking like burning candles, in the neighbouring field. Might be something to do with me chucking the excess tubers from my pond over there. But they are a British wild flower and there are some water meadows near Loxhore which are filled with them. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I am delighted to read your objection to the turbine has support. The more the merrier. Your photo helped me to "see" the size you described. And, naturally, your flag photos brought sunshine to my eyes.