Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 28 June 2013

Low Cloud.

The promised sunny spells never arrived today. Instead I spent the morning watching clouds billowing across the garden. Driving to work I needed headlights, windscreen wipers and sunglasses (it was still bright inside the clouds). Barnstaple itself was below the cloud layer but it was grey, humid and sticky. I was teaching art in the afternoon but it was also Golden Time and I let some of the children take out a game that involved knights, castles and trebuchet that shot cannon balls across the room. That kept the noise level high and there was the occasional tantrum when they couldn't agree on the rules. I could have made life much easier on myself by letting them go on the internet to play games but they had lost internet privileges when a group failed to come and sit down when asked, several times. Anyway I think it is good to steer them towards alternative activities as some of them do nothing else when they are at home. One little girl gave me a real confidence boost when she gave me a big hug and said she loved it when I came to teach them because I know all about art. Hardly but bless her, we all like to be appreciated.
The clouds were a little higher when I drove home at 4.30. 

No comments: