Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 29 June 2013

Mild.

Went to put a photo on the blog when suddenly I found that every photo from 2012 and 2013 had vanished. PANIC !!! though not a total meltdown as I do back up my photos onto an external hard drive. However I was annoyed as I had been a bit lax recently and hadn't backed up my files for a month. I couldn't even see them on my McAfee on-line back up?! Luckily once I had rebooted the pc and it had done its disc check it found the files again. Needless to say the first thing I did was back up the final 32 daily photo files. 
Peter was off to another regatta today so I had a peaceful day at home. After filling up the washing machine and doing the morning chores I had the pleasure of switching into holiday mode. I only had to step out of the front door to be 'on holiday'. No packing, long journey or airport hassle yet I was sitting in beautiful surroundings, birds were singing and it was reasonably warm. Well it may never have reached 15C but I was comfortable enough and could enjoy a pot of fresh coffee rather than my usual instant as I settled down with some light reading from the library. I returned to work mode to hang up the washing and make a pot of butter-nut squash soup.
Later, as light rain drove me indoors I was disappointed to see that there wouldn't be any tv coverage of Glastonbury until 7.00 and I hadn't recorded anything from last night. My dream is to get to Glastonbury one day though I think I would opt for the comfort of a caravan or motor home rather than a tiny tent. At least then you could have all your home comforts. I'm watching and recording right now though this year there isn't the choice of using the sky controller to pick from 6 performances. There is more choice on the web site but I don't know how to wire my pc to the tv. Perhaps Romas will do it for me next time he comes to stay, 
The pond is looking very lush at the moment with red and blue darters whizzing about. 
Peter came home tired but happy. His crew came in third in their race which is pretty good and overall the club came third as well. And he's got to do it all again tomorrow. 

No comments: