Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 10 June 2013

Cooler.

It looks like our brief spell of summer is now over. I had the curtains on the line and the bedding in the machine by 8.30 but I was concerned that I had made an error of judgement. The sky was overcast, there was no wind and it looked as if it was going to rain. By 10.00 the only thing that had changed was the smell of muck in the air. I took the curtains in again but by mid-day the sun was trying to shine and even better there was a breeze. So everything went back out on the line. Thankfully everything dried and is now ironed and back in the right places.
My lazy self whispered in my ear that I should take today easy as I'm teaching for the rest of the week but my sensible self asked if I wanted all the jobs to left until the weekend. So I drew up a list and got most of it done. My decision was made easier by the fact that it is much cooler today and I haven't been tempted to go and bask in the sun. And I feel better now knowing that the house is clean. 

2 comments:

happyone said...

We are having a day of rain today so again no laundry for me.
The white flowers with a few purple ones thrown in there are so pretty.

Ruta M. said...

The white ones are snow-in-summer and the pink ones are thrift which grows wild on the cliffs.