Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 14 June 2013

Friday At Last.

It was much the same again today, even heavier rain in the morning so we postponed the sports day again and then although it wasn't so sunny it dried up for the rest of the day. My class spent the morning using co-ordinates, finding things on treasure maps, directing each other across maps and then finally we played Battleships a couple of times. Because it was their first time to play the game I drew the ships and they tried to sink them with torpedoes. I think the idea of shooting at their teacher rather appealed to them. The afternoon was more relaxed. The children drew on coloured card which will be made into wrist bands if the sports day ever happens and then it was 'Golden Time' where they could chose any activity. 
After school I went into town for a bit to change my library books and call in at the health food shop for some carob coated ginger. I had to be strong willed to walk past  the bakery where they were selling their cakes cheap at the end of the day, 4 for £1. The caramel doughnuts, carrot cake and yum-yums were calling to me but I resisted.

No comments: