Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 17 June 2013

Wet Morning, Sizzling Afternoon.



I've had a very busy day today. First stop was the hospital for a session with the physiotherapist. She did some deep massaging of my hips which Peter will be able to do at home for me, using the pestle from the kitchen as a substitute for the massage tool that she uses. (The physio thought that would be a good alternative.) I've also been signed up for some hydrotherapy in the pool at the hospital. That should be fun.

I took the circuitous route home via the Fullabrook wind farm to  check out just how much noise these turbines make. There wasn't a lot of wind so they were turning slowly. The noise, a kind of swishing which reminded me of being on a ship, wasn't too bad. I can imagine that the noise produced when they are going full speed could be very annoying and disrupt sleep which is what people living nearby have reported.
Close up the turbines are actually very aesthetically pleasing but when they are seen marching across countryside that is described as a rural idyll they are intrusive.
It poured with rain first thing and the morning was pretty grey but things started to brighten up and get hot and humid after lunch. By the time I got home from school I swapped my Ugg boots and leggings for shorts and t-shirt while I sat out in the sun enjoying a cup of tea and some fruit for my supper. Then it was all go again, back into normal clothes and off to East Down village hall for the PCC meeting. It's a lovely drive down through winding lanes between 10ft hedges. As we expected the PCC voted to recommend a refusal of the planning application which will be taken into account by the Council planners. It's tomorrow's meeting which is more important. After our part of the meeting we retired to the Pyne Arms to chat and plan. We were pleasantly surprised to be given 3 dishes of complimentary chips (fries), lovely fat home-made ones. 
It was still light when I left the pub at 9.45. Coming down the drive I could see a glowing sunset and I tried to take some pictures but they didn't really capture the intensity of the glowing streaks.

No comments: