Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 26 June 2013

Sunny Spells.

It's been one of those days when it is lovely and warm when the sun is out but should a cloud cover the sun it becomes quite chilly. I had a leisurely morning at home pottering around the place with a little gardening thrown in. A while ago I realised that the jackdaws and rooks were coming down to eat the hen's corn so now I stay up in the run until she has eaten her fill. The jackdaws used to sit in a tree next to the run, hiding from me by staying on the branches on the other side of the tree but I think they are getting the message now.  I've been keeping myself occupied by clearing the weeds that were growing on the old compost heap (which has now turned to soil), with the long handled hoe. It would be more efficient to use a spade but the hoe has the advantage of not affecting my back at all and I can use it even if I'm wearing my good clothes for work.
Every day new flowers are in bloom in the garden. Even though valerian is a wild flower I think it makes a good garden flower. 
The grass is terribly long as it has been too wet to cut, a job for tomorrow I think.
When I came home the postman had left me a couple of packages. I like getting parcels even if they are things I've ordered myself. One was a new memory card for my main camera. Daily formatting over the years had used up all the space on my old 8GB card and there was only room for 9 pictures. The other package was a book of Einaudi's music arranged for solo piano. Cue piano session. My piano skills are limited but I thought I would be able to manage Tu Sei. It's not quite as easy as I thought. Apart from the 4 flats the music is in 6 time but you have to count 12s as half of the R-hand notes come in between the L-hand notes. At least it's mostly one note at a time for each hand and even when there are chords as in Berlin Song they are quite simple and repetitive. I listen to Einaudi a lot on the pc so even Peter recognises the pieces when he hears them on the tv where they are often used as mood music. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Sunny day, music, flowers....you fed your spirit well.