Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 6 June 2013

Fields of Gold.

Having decided to go to the dental clinic at the Health Centre after school I woke to find that my toothache had subsided to a dull ache. I take anti-inflammatories  for my joints which may have helped reduce the pain but I haven't needed to take anything else. It still feels not-right so I'm glad I'm seeing my dentist tomorrow.  I might just mention that I still have pain from the extractions I had about 6 and 9 months ago.
My car has also been not-right with a tweeting noise coming from the engine. Alec had a look at it this afternoon and replaced the fan belt and something else that was old and cracked. The cover for the CV joint ?? is also cracked and he'll replace that next week. 
On the very edge of town as I head home, is an interesting old stone property down a long driveway. As I went past today I saw a group of ponies, knee high in buttercups, happily grazing in the field. 
They were mostly small fat ponies, probably Shetlands,
and a larger rather magnificent pony, I'm thinking a Welsh section B or C.
My route home takes me to the right across the picture then the road passes the houses and off to the hills in the distance.
At home after changing out of my school clothes my first stop is to check my emails and Facebook. While I was doing this I was interrupted by an agitated bumble bee flying at the window by my pc. I trapped it in a plastic jug and then feeling a little concerned that the envelope I had slid over the top wasn't a good barrier I took it outside and let it fly away. When I came back I looked down at Speedy and saw his nose in this state. "Oh dear, he's been fighting." I thought until I realised that it wasn't blood but the remains of a small pot of low calorie chocolate pudding I had been eating. That cat puts his nose into everything.
It's been a beautiful day and even now the sun is shining on the hill but sadly not in the garden any more. Peter is out rowing and I did some gardening as well as simply sitting and enjoying the lovely evening.

No comments: