Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 21 December 2015

A Day in Town.

I've had a very nice relaxed day today. This morning I met up with my group of friends for coffee and cake. This time though we met at St John's, a garden centre on the other side of town which especially after the change of layout is a lot nicer than the Ashford garden centre. People started arriving at 10.00 and we didn't leave until 1.15. We had a lot of catching up to do!
It rained very heavily through the morning but had cleared up by the time we left the garden centre. My next stop was to drive over to Lidl's where I bought vegetables and things before walking across the bridge into town. Town was pretty busy as children are now on holiday and people succumb to the advertisers' cries of 'buy, buy, buy.' I had 3 more small parcels to send and then I stocked up on holiday reading at the library. I still plan to go in to town on Wednesday to get cream and any ingredients I've forgotten as well as pick up some beef from the butchers. It's only the 2 of us so we are going to have a hearty beef stew cooked in the slow cooker. 
I stopped on the way home to take photos of the evening sky. This mushroom, about the size of a saucer was growing out of the hedge. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

We are having rain in Michigan today. No snow for Christmas which is fine with me but without a doubt children will be disappointed. Your photo of the sky pretty much matches what is outside my window. Last Saturday, our oldest grandson graduated from Central Michigan University. A big day in our family. A very cold day too. In my house today baking begins.