Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 December 2015

Wet and Windy.

It's been raining for most of the day. Perfect for an extra long lie-in to listen to 2 omnibus episodes of The Archers. We like to invent the most dramatic plot twists for this sedate tale of country folk. When I did go downstairs it was to find that the rayburn had gone out. Not good news. I checked the oil level but we still have half a tank full so under Peter's supervision I undid the oil feed pipe. As Peter had suspected the oil feed valve wasn't sending the oil through. He fixed it by turning the valve up full but it does mean we need to have it checked out/replaced by the engineer. 
One of my jobs today was to make those cushion covers. This time I checked the fit properly before whizzing along the seams with the sewing machine. 
After all that messing about trying to upgrade to Windows 10 I don't need to bother as Peter has bought me a new pc for Christmas. There was no need to wait for the January sales as there are discounts galore to be found right now. We don't normally buy each other big presents, just fun and often edible ones but he felt sorry for me. I still need to back up lots of photos but I ran out of time today.
Instead I've been putting things up for sale on eBay. While these antique toys that were with my treasures are rather sweet I don't think I would want my grandchildren to play with them. That's because they are all covered with real fur, mouse or hamster or other small creature. Hardly ethical or hygienic. They aren't family heirlooms but were mainly bought from junk shops  though I have a vague memory that the squirrel might have been bought new. I also put on a number of silver plated spoons and things that were in the big box I've been sorting through. What doesn't sell can go to the charity shop.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh how nice of Peter to get you a computer. : )