Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 December 2015

Dry.

I looked through the window this morning to see that Romas and Laura had already arrived. As Laura wasn't confident about driving on the motorway especially merging into the traffic using the slip road they set off at 4.00am to avoid the traffic. Luckily I had made up their bed last night and the room was all ready for them. 
We're due some stormy weather but today was fine and breezy. In the afternoon Vytas, Sally and Romas decided to take advantage of the good weather and went back to the beach for some more bodyboarding. Sadly Romas' surfboard wouldn't fit in Vytas' tiny car and he had to make do with a bodyboard. Laura hasn't done any surfing/ bodyboarding so she and I will wait until the summer when it is warmer and I will introduce her to the fun of bodyboarding in more favourable conditions.
After a hearty dinner of our Christmas beef stew we played some family board games, Dixit - a new game where you have to come up with words or phrases to describe different pictures and then Balderdash. a bluffing game which is a favourite when the family visit. (I see that we are actually playing Beyond Balderdash.)
We did enjoy the Star Wars film yesterday and we are old enough to be fascinated by the 3-d effect. The film was sufficiently noisy to drown out any audience munching and crunching sounds. A couple of people sitting the row above us and slightly to the side kept on talking and if I had been able to pin point who it was I would have had a stern word with with them. We went to Tesco's afterwards and apart from picking up some late night bargains I got the tag taken off my cardi. I asked about some compensation for having to come back with the cardi and after phoning the duty manager the customer services girl offered me a box of chocolates which I was happy to accept.

No comments: