Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 December 2015

Last Day of School.

This morning was my last session at school before the Christmas holidays. I've felt in holiday mood since last week with all the Christmas activities going on in school and a general feeling of relaxation, at least for me. I was asked to swap the morning for my usual afternoon as the children would be having their Christmas party in the afternoon. I was more than happy to do so. While the TAs changed things around for next term I had all my class with me in the classroom. I grabbed all the slightly bent or crumple coloured paper from the main paper cupboard and let the children cut, stick or draw on the paper. Some of the children were very inventive. There were other things out for the children including the pcs though not the one where a child has managed to delete all the software. I tried reloading some software but nobody seems to have administrator rights. As the children hadn't been able to go outside (nobody free to supervise them) I took them out for an extra playtime. Most of them spent the whole time racing up and down so I was glad that surplus energy got burnt off. All the children were all pretty excited as they had been allowed to come to school in their party clothes. 
At lunchtime we had our staff bring and share buffet and opened our Secret Santa presents. Somebody made a good choice for me as my present was 3 packets of unusual Old English varieties of vegetables; purple cauliflower, Red Russian kale and greyhound cabbage. I will try them out in Spring. After helping to tidy up the staff room I drove across town for yet more shopping. This time it was a relaxed stroll around BJ's. I'm not sure why I felt the urge to check out all the cheap Christmas stuff when we aren't putting up decorations or a tree (not for just the 2 of us) but somehow I came out with 2 new red and silver baubles now hanging in the kitchen to compliment the cards on the mantelpiece. I also picked up a couple of small fun presents. Then I dropped into Tesco's which thankfully wasn't busy and stocked up on things like cat food and vegetables.


I took these photos looking out towards Exmoor on my way home at about 3.30. The day has been mild, grey and dry apart from up in the hills.

At home I found a geek site that gave me a download and instructions how to add Windows Photo Viewer and make it my default viewer so I'm feeling happy. Peter has just returned home with the dehumidifier so I'm going to start that up in our bedroom.

1 comment:

Mary Siler said...

I love the photos and recognize the views...so nice to see!!
Hope you have a lovely Christmas!!