Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 December 2015

Showers.

It's been a day of sunshine and showers. Yesterday I didn't need a fleece outside and today I wore fleece, coat and woolly hat when I went into town after school and very glad I was of them too. The wind is now coming from the north and has a bit of a bite in it
This morning's job was to sort out the step into the sitting room. The step spans the 2.5 ft depth of the original outer wall of the house and the boards on the top didn't so much creak as wobble. I lifted one of the boards and added extra support with some cement I mixed up. Then there was some satisfying banging in of nails to fix the boards firmly to the battens below. Encouraged by my success I banged in some more nails to the worst of the creaky stairs. With all the carpets up it's all very echoy at the moment. 
At school I spent the afternoon in a reception class. There was painting of the thumb pots to be done and the class teacher had put up a Nativity dvd for the children to watch. However I printed off some colouring sheets and gave the children the options of watching the dvd, going on the pcs or drawing and colouring. That kept everyone happy and reasonably quiet which was a good thing as the Year 1 and 2 children were performing their play in the hall.

After school I walked into town to go to the library and pick up some Christmas cards for the children. The wind was quite bitter and just now I'm sure I heard hail in the last shower.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh what beautiful pictures. Love the sunlight and the dark clouds!!