Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 December 2015

Some Sun.

The sun made a welcome reappearance today mixed in with a few showers. At times it felt a little colder than recently but the wind is still blowing from the south-west.
Between showers I was able to get  out and work in the garden. I cut back the artemisia in the scree garden and chopped down the decaying brown stalks of different clumps of crocosmia. I left some a bit taller than usual to protect the new shoots that have already begun to appear. I don't know if they will survive any really cold weather. After that was done I began the long but satisfying job of cleaning the stones of moss and picking off all the fallen beech leaves not to mention a few weeds. 

No comments: