Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Sunny Day.

It was quite a bit colder this morning, no frost but cold enough for plenty of condensation to form inside our bedroom windows. The damp in general is not good for Peter's arthritis and we decided it would be a good idea to get a dehumidifier. I checked out the ones in B&Q as over 60's get a 10% discount on Wednesdays and Peter was supposed to pick one up today. But he forgot. He'd been over that side of town for an aneurysm check (which was all clear), even went to Tesco's which is next to B&Q and forgot. He better not forget next Wednesday.
Meanwhile back at home I baked some chocolate chip cookies for Peter's work and for the carpet men tomorrow before going to school. There I had a lovely afternoon with the reception children painting pots and then taking a guided reading group. There was no staff meeting tonight as the Year 1 and 2 children are doing an evening performance of their Christmas play (poor teachers). I was out of school by 3.40 and went to town for more shopping. I parked at Lidl's and walked over the bridge into town (above photos). 

When I came back the sunset was momentarily spectacular though by the time I got to the other side of the bridge it had faded to gloom. 
Right now I am doing some serious multi-tasking;blogging, copying files onto my external hard drive, taking things from the sitting room to the kitchen and wiping down all the furniture. My new pc may arrive tomorrow so I'm trying to copy everything I need so that I don't have to put the old pc back in the sitting room.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely photos, Ruta. I'm sure listening to "secret lives" gives you a lot information as well as affirmation that dividing children by gender isn't a life altering experiment. I often think those "in charge" of educational mandates are so far removed from actual contact with children and teachers that much of what they decide has little to do with reality. It may look good on paper but with real live and lively, inquisitive, energetic children.

Michigan has begun the grays as well although our temperature is way above normal. We have many gray days that makes our Winter unwelcome. No rain, no snow....mid-December my eldest grandson graduates from Central Michigan University. I am hoping our holds because it's a 3 hour trip for us. Big happiness in my family.