Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 December 2015

More Gloss Paint.

The weather has been much the same. Drier in the morning mixed with heavy showers. I've spent a lot of the day with paintbrush in hand putting a second coat of gloss on the woodwork. I thought I would have less to do but then I discovered more doors that could do with freshening up. I've taped Wet Paint signs all over the place, not only to remind Peter but to stop me carelessly putting my hands on a wet door frame. 
My only other job today has been to start going through a large wooden chest in the sitting room. It will have to be moved for the carpet fitters so it's a good time to have a sort through. It contains a lot of my late mother's papers. It's so hard to know where to draw the line. Which of her personal letters to keep? Or which of the un-named photos of war-time friends to save? Then I got distracted by some small boxes of my treasures from when I was a child. I was brought up in the days when children had very few toys but what we had was precious to us including the ones we made ourselves. Maybe one day there will be careful grandchildren to play with them. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sometimes it goes like that. You do one job and it turns into a huge project!
Finally saw the sun today. : )