Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 13 December 2015

New PC and Windows 10

No photos today because this pc isn't registering my Nikon and I'm fed up with sorting out this pc. You'd think that a new pc would come all ready to start work instead of which you have to download this and that and sort out all sorts of other problems. It's like going into a shop to buy a jumper and coming out with a bag of wool, some needles and a knitting pattern.
The physical swap over was quite easy. I swapped the leads and plugs under Peter's watchful eye and all went smoothly apart from him using positional language relative to the mother board hidden inside the case so that 'put it in the socket next to the one you've just done' was given as' the one below'. That's just plain jargonese to my mind.
Then because it's Windows 10 I had to watch all the introductory videos, that was after Peter went round and round the drop down files to get the sound working, before finally getting most of my familiar desktop back. I had a serious panic moment when it informed me that my external hard drive with years of photos and all my documents was corrupt but that got fixed thankfully. Having set Google Chrome as my default browser and successfully imported all my favourites I them had to log in to various sites. I do write down my log in identity and passwords but some of them were old ones and I had to set new passwords. That's why I'm not doing more with my camera. It's 'dinging' when I plug it in but isn't showing up anywhere.
Aha! I found how to get into my camera though I still haven't downloaded the photos into a folder.
 3 stages of this evening's sunset.


2 comments:

Harriet said...

Your sunset photos are lovely. Ruta, I laughed when you compared a new PC and all the entails with going to a shop to purchase a sweater and getting needles and yarn. A good sense of humor is often the only thing between sanity and nonsense.

happyone said...

Getting a new computer is a love Hate relationship!!