Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 December 2015

Disconnected.

I've been attempting to upgrade to Windows 10 which has not proved easy. I thought I would start the upgrade yesterday once I had finished on the pc. However my poor old pc won't do an automatic restart so it sat there waiting for me to press F1. That I did when I came downstairs today. 5 hours later when the upgrade was 12% done we had a power cut. That cancelled the upgrade and it took a couple of hours for my old copy of Widows to reinstall. Really I would rather not upgrade but have been told that I have to. However I'm going to back up all my files before making another attempt. I just don't trust the technology. 
It's been around 12C today so not cold but very windy. I went out and cleared up the piles of leaves and conifer needles in the front yard. There'll always be more but it's the black sludge under the piles of leaves that I don't want. I also cleared up the raised bed picking off every leaf and stick and leaving the stones looking at their best. Indoors I used the last of the gloss paint to put a second coat on the little shelves that stand by the the phone. Then the very last dregs of paint went on the door frame inside the downstairs toilet.
I've also sat and unpicked the 2 fleece cushion covers that I made the other week. I was too quick to sew them on the sewing machine and they turned out too big for the cushions. Not a major problem but it is so hard to unpick furry fleece with the stitching being almost impossible to see. It's done now and I'll be a bit more careful and check the fit before sewing them up again.
When I did get back on to Facebook it was to find photos from Vytas and Sally's honeymoon in Prague.

No comments: