Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Back Into Town.

It's been a bit cooler, a bit brighter and hardly raining  today. The early morning sky (before the sun came up) was a deep blue with Jupiter and Venus shining brightly. It would have been a good day for gardening but I had other plans. First there was Peter's old chair to take to the dump. Then a parcel to post, the last of my eBay sales.  Instead of just putting the money into my account I plan to buy something special. To that end I've been perusing Etsy for LOTR stuff though I won't decide until after Christmas. It was really busy in town today but I didn't mind as the only thing I needed to get was some beef from the butcher's. Peter always buys his meat from one particular butcher's as the meat is good and is local.
Funny how we (or at least I) still stereotype people. I walked past 3 young men, in their 20s, dressed in fashionable clothing who would not have looked out of place in a club who were hanging out  on a corner together. But a split second later I almost did a mental double take, 2 of them had baby buggies which the men were peering into and cooing over the babies inside. Must try not to make snap judgements. On a sadder note among the buskers; one playing the sax and another playing something that looked like an upside down wok and sounded like a melodious steel drum, and the man from the owl sanctuary with a horned owl there were about 4 homeless men just sitting in doorways. I did notice the community police officer talking to one of them and asking him about where he would be on Christmas Day. I didn't hear all the conversation but I'm sure he would have pointed him towards the Salvation Army or other groups who provide support for the homeless especially over the holiday.
In the garden the first daffodils are flowering and being immediately eaten .
Both the boys rang this afternoon to chat and to confirm when they are coming down. It will only be for a few days but will be lovely to see them.
A little colour in tonight's sunset.

No comments: