Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 December 2015

Wet.

The first thing I did this morning was to carefully measure all 5 of the left over carpet pieces. But the fitter was right, no way even with joins, would those pieces be enough for the hall, stairs and landing. I rang the carpet company to see what the situation was and straight away they said that they have ordered another piece of carpet. They probably wont be able to fit it until after Christmas as they are so booked up but I don't really mind. Some people might make a fuss over having to put up with bare boards and concrete but it's not a big deal. I had been worried that they might have been unco-operative but because I had gone to a reputable company and they had sent me a contract stating the price and the rooms to be done they are sorting out what was probably a minor mistake in the measuring. Also I wouldn't be surprised if the room wasn't quite built square. 
Apart from sorting out the carpet I had set myself 2 jobs to do today; cooking a large pot of red cabbage with onions, bacon and apple and giving the big bookcase its annual clean. The cabbage is done but in the end I've only done one side of the bookcase. The books have be taken down, the dust wiped off and the shelves given a wash.  I'll do the other side tomorrow. While I was doing that I could hear some snoring coming from the hall. I looked around the corner and there was Speedy, sleeping sat upright propped against the warm radiator and snoring away.
It's been raining for most of the day, quite heavily at times. In a dry spell I went up and tidied up my dams which had got a bit squished by yesterday's visitors.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Good news about your carpet. Speedy is a funny cat, you must get lots of amusement from him. We in Michigan are experiencing Spring in Winter. Very strange.