Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 3 December 2015

Gloss Painting.

The main job of the day has been gloss painting the stairs and hall woodwork. Initially I was going to just do the skirting boards and the banister spindles but then I realised how silly it was not to do all the woodwork. So doors and door frames were also given a coat of pristine white gloss. I so love that clean look. However I did get a bit fed up by the end of my marathon painting session. I wonder now if part of the yellowing of the previous white gloss is partly due to the dark brown varnish that covered the woodwork back when the house was originally built. The spindles were replaced by the previous owners and they hadn't yellowed at all.
This is the sight that greeted me when I first came downstairs this morning and no, cats aren't allowed on that counter. I moved box and Speedy to the other counter and he carried on sleeping in this too small box for the rest of the morning. 
After painting I worked outside a little to clear my head of paint fumes. It was warm enough for me not to need a coat as I picked leaves from the raised bed even though the wind was roaring in the trees. Then the rain started and we're back to stormy weather again. 
My final job of the day was to write out my Christmas cards. I haven't made any myself this year but I may do some for friends that don't need to go through the post. That is if I get some inspiration - white gloss fingerprint snowmen perhaps?

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I dislike painting in general and gloss paint simply stumps me. I am happy you have accomplished your gloss paint job. Oh, Speedy, so comfy in his little box. Our yard was covered with snow this morning and it all melted. We had wonderful sun this afternoon and now it's gone and the gray skies are back. I, too, need to address Christmas cards. I made 20 cards for a sharing with nursing homes all over the world. We've had Christmas music playing while our tree was decorated....so nice to hear that special music.

I am very partial to old things and the bath tub legs are right up my alley. I enjoy finding new uses for old, rusted, broken things. My imagination, which is pretty limited, runs amok when I find a treasure.

happyone said...

Cute picture of Speedy in the box. : )