Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 25 December 2015

Happy Christmas.

We've had a very relaxed Christmas day. We didn't go to the Midnight Service last night as I felt it would have been unfair of me to expect Peter to stay up so late. He has been so very tired lately and was asleep by 9.00 which was when I sent him off to bed. It didn't help that although he booked the time off and had it approved back in 2014, 2 months later his holiday was un-approved and some how he wasn't told (possibly not an oversight) so he was at work all day. The religious side is important to me so I stayed up and watched the Midnight Mass from Southwark cathedral. I turned off the lights, lit a candle and watched under a bright star shining through the window. Very high church (amazing how familiar the Latin is still ) but it is good to hear the readings and join in with the carols.
As it is just the 2 of us we opened our presents in bed along with our early morning cup of tea. It was supposed to be small presents so it was a lovely surprise to get these fighting knives which I have been eyeing up for a long time. I didn't sleep very well last night so after eating some chocolate I nodded off and slept until Romas rang to wish us Happy Christmas.

We're going to see the new Stars Wars film on the 28th so today we are going to start watching all the films, in the correct sequence.

No comments: