Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 December 2015

Memories.

Another coat of stain stop went on the hall and stairs skirting boards this morning. The rest of the morning was spent at my pc going through this year's blog before writing my Christmas letter. It was a bit frustrating because all this rain slows the internet down. Scroll down too fast and pictures and text get jumbled up. Still it was lovely looking at all those sunny pictures (selective photography) and reminiscing over visits from family and friends. 
There was a hint of colour in the sky this morning, a definite tinge of blue. All too soon the greyness loomed once more bringing first light rain and then heavy rain for the journey home. At school I  had a fun messy time making clay thumb pots with the rest of the reception class. We had a relaxed staff meeting after work to pool ideas for next term's topic. It's to be Myths and Legends /A long, long time ago... which covers everything from fairy tales to Star Wars. 

2 comments:

Harriet said...

I read "Are tablets..." with interest. Thank you for directing me to this article. I do see very often especially in the grocery store children being placated with some kind of electronic devise. I realize in this busy age in which we live, time seems not to be sufficient. There's no question an out of control child is a handful; however, I rarely see a parent leave the area be it a store, restaurant..doesn't matter. In my mind, I am having a conversation: nap time, sick, hungry--what's the underlying problem. Figure it out, parent, because that little person needs your help not your phone, I pod or whatever devise is available. I am fortunate to have three nice little kids next door to me. They read books, are very polite and very pleasant to have a conversation with or simply a very small, quick learning experience. They are amazed by the variety of bugs that I deal with as I garden. They don't want to touch them just learn about them. Enough.

In the photo of the three items...are these legs from an old bath tub?

Ruta M. said...

Well spotted. I bought them at an auction years ago because they look like doves to me. I plan on taking them with me when we move.
Maybe I'm old fashioned in that I don't like to see children sat at a screen and certainly not babies or toddlers. It makes me wince when on the rare occasion it's too wet for outside play I see a class of 4, 5 or 6 year olds sat watching a dvd on the main whiteboard. The same happens at the end of term when the adults are clearing the classrooms. I find the children are just as happy to be given lots of scrap paper or the backing paper taken down from old displays to draw on. So much better for them to be creative rather than being fed instant stimulation.