Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 22 September 2016

Autumn Equinox.

It has been warm and sunny(ish) today.  I took my car in for its MOT this morning. It failed as it needs some welding underneath. (It's probably the dried on mud that's holding it all together.) Because Peter didn't hear the phone the garage didn't do the work today. It will be done tomorrow so that will be my car legal for another year. From the sound of things it doesn't seem that the people who came to view the house this morning will be making an offer. Never mind, it will happen one day.
School went quite well today though there is a group of very lively/ challenging children who keep me on my toes. In the afternoon I let the children make more shadow puppets while I worked with a couple of children at a time going over the morning's maths. When you think about it teaching 30 children for an hour means they can have 2 minutes attention each or if there has been half an hour of whole class work using whiteboards or equipment on the carpet, just 1 minute of individual attention. Not very much especially when some children fail to listen to or join in with the preparatory work. No wonder I'm frazzled. At the end of the day I caught up with sticking in all the photos and maths lesson objectives from this week though I still need to go back and actually mark if they achieved the objectives.
On the way home I stopped to look at the sun shining through the clouds onto the sea.

No comments: