Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 9 September 2016

Grey.

Today has been overcast with a little rain at times. We are due some more heavy rain so I've put the dam back across the road and did a bit more clearing out of the ditch in the yard (Peter did the initial digging out).
The sun had only just risen when the alarm went off this morning. I like to give myself half an hour in bed with a cup of tea before getting up and about. Today I worked in the other reception class mainly supporting one child but also being there to mop up tears and explain some of the rules that they need to follow ie you can go here when it is running around playtime but not when it is continuous provision learning time. I'm always amazed how quickly the children become familiar with the new routine and vocabulary. The children went home at lunchtime so once I'd helped clear up and passed my notes to the class teacher I walked into town leaving my car at school. First stop was the library where I found My Life on Lundy. by Felix Gade. I've read it before and it has lots of information about the recent history of Lundy. I had hoped to buy it for Peter but the only copy I have been able to source is £174! I then had a slow amble through the shops but bought nothing except for a new Sudoku book and some mushrooms. 
Spot the buzzard sitting on the fence. Despite being birds of prey buzzards' diet consists mainly of earthworms and carrion so this one had been attracted to the bounty of the muck spreader. 
Off now for a bit more guitar and piano practice. I'm almost on to a third string and then I think I'll be allowed to learn a chord.
Heard in school from a 4 year old - That's a burgerlar (burger).

No comments: