Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 28 September 2016

Low Cloud.

Listening to the forecast yesterday I thought today would be a good drying day so I washed one set of sheets last night ready to hang out first thing. Unfortunately the day has been grey and damp with occasional showers. I put the washing over the Rayburn and it is ready to iron but it wasn't worth putting on a second load. My back wasn't too good this morning so I took things easy until it was time to go to school. Naturally I had to take a PE lesson and I did some action songs with the children but I did get out of going to a meeting about (academic) target setting at another school. As I'll never be taking on the responsibilities of a class teacher it wouldn't be that relevant to me anyway.
I stopped at the layby  near Burridge and took some photos of a mini cloud, a phenomenon that always fascinates me.
As I approached Shirwell I could see the heavy clouds sitting down on the tops of the hills and I drove into the clouds as I drove past the Lewis' farm. From then on it was wet and white until I turned the corner of the drive by the ponies' field. Right now the cloud level has dropped down below the tops of the trees in the field next door and everything looks very wet.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Sounds like my day. I had to hang my wash inside too. Started out sunny but it didn't last.

happyone said...

Somehow I missed the cloud part of you post yesterday.
I'm always amazed at those low clouds too. We get them all the time here. It is so cool to walk through them.