Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 September 2016

Car Sorted - Eventually.

Yesterday ended on yet another bad note- I bit into a nectarine, just caught the stone and broke off part of the front surface of a front tooth! Usually I cut up peaches and nectarines and eat them with a tiny fork but this was one of those white fleshed nectarines which are a lot firmer. I'll be cutting up all my fruit from now on to try and preserve my remaining teeth. 
The sun has been out in full force today, not that I saw too much of it apart from during afternoon playtime. I was up just as the sun was rising and got home after the staff meeting at 5.45. That feels like a long day to me. The children's behaviour was a bit better today as we got used to each other and I was better able to divert the poor behaviour the moment it started. 
I'm so glad that Peter dealt with my car because the RAC were absolutely useless. He walked up to my car in the morning (just down the slope in the above photo) and rang them explaining what was wrong. They promised that somebody would be along in an hour and he settled down to read his book. 4 hours later there had been several calls from the RAC apologising for the delay so finally Peter rang the local garage and they came out in 15 minutes (and didn't charge which is a rarity). They took Peter and the car back to the garage and the exhaust was re-attached to the car. We pay such a lot every year to the RAC and hardly ever call them out, okay I needed them twice in the last couple of years, but a 4 hour delay is unacceptable. I shan't be renewing our membership next time it comes up but will go with one of the other rescue services. Because the Rav was stuck behind somebody in the school car park Peter had to drive my car home which he hates because the foot pedals are small and close together and I had to drive the Rav which I don't like because of the very poor visibility through the plastic rear window in the soft top. We'll be back to normal tomorrow.
I stopped at the top of the drive on my way home to pick up the re-cycling box and take a few photos.

No comments: