Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 26 September 2016

Grey.

We were so lucky with yesterday's weather and I'm very glad that Romas did the gutters yesterday as this morning was so miserable and wet. In fact the whole day has been grey and wet. Conditions must have been bad somewhere in the region because we had a number of power cuts one after the other. At least this morning I didn't need to be up at the crack of dawn for another fun morning in school. Instead I got up at 8.00, made breakfast for the youngsters and went into work at lunchtime. Once again I was on my own with a class. One boy had a headache so I suggested he lay down on the cushions in the book corner. I had just spoken to the class teacher whom I had seen in the playground, and she went off to phone his mum, when the poor child threw up on his jumper, some cushions and the mat. I cleaned him up, rinsed out his school jumper and mopped up the worst of the rest and then gave the rest of the children a lesson on why you might throw up. Once his mum had turned up we went and did some PE in the hall. After school I had to go and buy coloured socks so that the children can make sock puppets on Friday. Romas and Laura went to Ilfracombe in the morning, called in to town to get cheese cake from Lindsay's and then went on to visit Lynton. 
As it was so grey today here are a few more photos from our trip to Lynmouth.




1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your photos always transport me ... thank you.