Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 16 September 2016

Cold.

It's Friday and I don't care that it's turned cold. I've got a whole 2 days to be at home and then shhh... there's one more week to do before I'm back to my normal routine. It hasn't been too stressful in school but I did arrive before the gates were opened this morning and didn't leave until 4.45.  At lunchtime I found 5 minutes to walk round to the garage and book my car in for its MOT next week. I try and co-ordinate work on the car with the days that I'm in school all day so that there is time for any extra work that needs doing. 
One of the pleasures of having a commute through country roads is the varied wildlife to be seen. This morning just after a pair of wood pigeons did their usual kamikaze thing of  sitting on the road in front of you until the very last moment I saw a sparrowhawk sitting very still by the side of the road which was quite unusual. The other morning I had to brake sharply to avoid squashing a squirrel which was running in circles on the road in a panic. That same morning I had to drive slowly behind a dozen hen pheasants most of whom didn't have the sense to move sideways and were scurrying up the road in front of me. I had to laugh when I saw that leading this mini stampede was the cock pheasant.
The recent wind has brought down a lot of the apples so I guess I better collect them and make some stewed apples for the freezer.

No comments: