Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 12 September 2016

Damp.

It's been one of those overcast days with intermittent drizzle which now has turned into proper rain. I didn't do much this morning apart from my usual routine followed by getting organised for school. Things were a little different this afternoon as we had a lady come from the fire service to give the children some fire safety training. One of the Year 2 teachers broke her wrist badly when she was out running last Friday and has had to have pins and wires put in (I knew running wasn't good for you). She will be off for a while so I shall be having her class for the rest of the week and possibly next week. I stayed behind after school to go through the planning with the other Year 2 teacher. Tomorrow is 'dress up as a Roald Dahl character' day which includes the teachers so this evening I racked my brains and wardrobe to come up with something. My first try with a cheap witch's black wig mussed up on the top of my head as Mrs Twit was a bit too extreme and had Peter wondering if I was feeling alright. A bit too mad to wear for the whole day. Instead I've gone for an easy option as Charlie Bucket's mother. A plain blue dress, back-to-front apron with some pretend patches stuck on and a scarf tied round my head (plus a badge saying Charlie's Mum) will have to do.
 Sweat peas in the school garden.
After all that messing about manually putting in the times to record yesterday's episode of The Archers we still don't know what happened. This was because I hadn't realised it was a special 1 hour long episode. Luckily it was repeated this afternoon so I set the box to record the part we missed and a bit of the part we heard just to make sure. 

No comments: