Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 19 September 2016

Wet.

Despite the prediction (on somebody's phone at work) of a 2% probability of rain it has rained all day long. Sometimes heavier, sometimes lighter but always wet.  
It's been the usual hectic day at work which at least makes the day pass quickly. Due to sickness and other things we are a bit short staffed so I was on my own with both the morning and afternoon classes for most of the time. I had just finished listening to a group of 8 children in a guided reading session in the classroom with the rest of the class reading quietly (sort of) at their tables (normally we hear guided reading in a separate room) when a lady I didn't know walked into the classroom. I knew one child was waiting for his mum to bring in a replacement hearing aid so I told him to go over the the woman. She however had come in to give the children their French language lesson which nobody had told me about. No wonder the poor boy was looking confused. That did at least give me a bit of time to breathe. 
When I got home from school I got the rest of the apples chopped and cooking and while I was doing that the estate agents rang booking another viewing for Wednesday morn. Nothing for weeks then 2 appointments in 2 days. I hope the rain clears by then.

No comments: