Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 15 September 2016

Still Warm.

I'm getting back into the early morning routine and this morning I woke before the alarm went off at 6.00. It was still dark as I made my cup of tea. I made one for Peter but he was fast asleep and came downstairs an hour later just before I left and heated it up in the microwave. It's the annual Barnstaple Fair this weekend but I don't think I will have any energy to go especially as I shall be working all next week too.
The day was still warm but once again there are weather warnings out for heavy rain ie flooding so this evening I went and made sure the dam across the road was in place. Knowing that we are coming to the end of the sunny spell I planned for the children to have some time outside classroom making shadow puppets and investigating how they can make the shadows change size. We went outside after an introductory talk to find that the sky was overcast and it was almost impossible to see any shadows. I let the children run off a bit of steam before bringing them back into class only to have the sun come out again. Back went the children and had some fun making shadows before returning to class and making shadow puppets on the class whiteboard. No staff meeting this evening so I was able to get on with more sticking in of work and even got some marking done. I tend to leave around 5.00 because the caretaker locks up about then and I've never wanted the responsibility of setting the school alarm.
Coming home I found that Peter had cut all the grass and been into town to do the shopping. As well as fresh vegetables he brought me home some much needed chocolate as I had run out completely! 
Looking across our valley towards Trentishoe Common (part of Exmoor). Just on the other side of the last hill is the sea.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I always enjoy looking at your beautiful photos.