Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 30 September 2016

Lots of Rain.

There was a hint of pink in the sky among the pale lavender clouds as I drove to work early this morning. It has been a day of sudden very heavy showers which only cleared up later in the afternoon.
I spent the day working with a Year 2 class, the very lively class, getting them to make sock puppets. On my initial scout around the stock cupboards this morning I found 30 small, new plastic flower pots which were perfect for putting inside the tops of the socks while the children stuck on googly eyes and felt shapes. I only hope that the glue hasn't stuck the socks to the pots! We had plenty of brightly coloured felt from which the children could cut out shapes, not so easy with the children's scissors so it took them quite a while. I also gave the children some printed sheets to draw their ideas for an adventure and a setting for their puppets. Not only did that stimulate the children's imaginations but it gave me a chance to work with smaller groups when it came to making the puppets.
At the end of the day I had 60 pieces of work to mark and stick into books before I was free to go. Then I dropped into town to change my library books and buy a belt for Peter as his every day trousers are getting a bit loose around the waist. 
I had a slow journey home behind a couple of tractors pulling large trailers loaded up high with giant bales of straw. I stopped on my way down the drive to take a few sky photos.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh I remember making sock puppets in school. Nice to know that is still being done. : )
We had lots of rain yesterday and its been very windy here all day.
Great picture showing the wind!!