Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 1 October 2016

Wet.

A very wet morning was the perfect excuse for a long lie-in. That was after I had gone downstairs, togged up and completely re-instated my dams across the road. That way I could relax when the rain turned into heavy downpours. I also did some of my morning jobs before going off to relax with some coffee. 
In the afternoon we had a few bright spells usually lasting only a couple of minutes. I was lucky to catch a longer dry spell when I was able to clear up all the rose, honeysuckle and wisteria branches that I'd cut down when the roof ladders were up. I think I really need to give the paving a going over with the pressure washer as it's looking rather grim and grey. We shouldn't have any problems with the water flow now that we've had the whole system overhauled. First there is more autumn cutting back to do; the crocosmia, the purple loosestrife and a little later on the sedums.
Been practising the guitar again - 3 chords (only on 3 strings to start) mastered. They say it takes 10.000 hours to master an instrument so there is a way to go.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Pretty pictures. Love the first one!!
Thank you for the prayers for my mom.