Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 20 October 2016

Midges.

It's been dry today and warm enough for the midges to still be out and biting. I finished washing all the paving today but it still needs some sweeping up and a final chasing of the muddy water into the drain before I will consider the job done. In between washing sessions I did some cutting back and weeding in the flower beds by the house. I also decided it was time to remove a lot of the pink hardy geranium that was taking over one of the beds.
Nothing much else has happened today except that the postman brought me the all-clear on my bowel cancer screening. Oh dear, here in the UK this is not a topic for general conversation but when you are offered free screening for something that is symptom-less until it is usually too late we should all be aware of the consequences of not being screened. I have an acquaintance who on receiving the 60th birthday letter said she wasn't going to take up the offer. I only hope my tale of how Peter had a pre-cancerous polyp removed after he took up the screening and follow up investigation convinced her to be screened.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Great news on the screening.
We had similar days, washing and gardening. :)