Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 23 October 2016

Windy.

It's been windy today, a mixture of bright and grey skies but no showers. Having not done anything towards the house yesterday today has been much more productive. We were watching a program about selling your house when Peter suggested that it might be worth giving the conservatory roof a clean with the pressure washer. It was a good idea, just a shame that being in tidy mode I had already rolled up the extra long hose and put it and the pressure washer away. So up to the outbuildings I went and brought them both down. Before washing could commence I had to clean out the gutters and remove the build up of fallen leaves. I also removed the last of the damaged fleur de lis trim which over the years was the target for BB pellets or other missiles (thanks boys). That done I was all set, the pressure washer did the job but really needed to be quite close to the roof panels to remove 20 years of green algae. I found that by stretching as far as I could I still couldn't reach part of each panel. It was at that point I worked out that I could stand on the next to top rungs of the ladder in A frame mode (it's one of those handy ladders that can be straight or A shaped) so long as I had one foot on each side. That gave me a little extra reach but still not enough. So then I attacked the problem from a different angle ie using a mop while hanging out of the upstairs windows. That still left a few patches of green but determined not to be beaten I came up with the plan of fixing a kitchen cloth to the end of one of the longest of my garden canes. Success - I was able to rub away the last of the algae before a final rinse with the washer.
 Job just started.
 Done.
The rest of the afternoon was spent in a more relaxed way, a cup of coffee followed by a bit of paint work, another coffee followed by hoovering etc. That way I got a bit more done without feeling as if I've been working flat out. Now I'm looking forward to an evening of watching Strictly with some fresh mango as a treat.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Enjoy your fruit and program....you earned it.