Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Getting Colder.

This morning the wind was blowing from the east and it felt a lot colder. Before breakfast I went out and finished cutting all the grass in one section of the wild meadow then after I had eaten I put on my old gardening coat (to protect me from the drips) and cleared away all the cut foliage. Later on when I came home from school I cleared the heather bank there, pulling up all the grass and weeds that were growing through the heathers and using my gardening scissors to trim the edges of the grass path and steps.
Before work I had an assignation in the library car park with a girl who had answered an ad I'd put on Gumtree for a fur coat that had belonged to Peter's mother. Years ago I'd taken the coat to a sheepskin shop to find out what kind of fur it was (I'm totally opposed to the fur trade) and was relieved to find out it was a very good quality sheepskin and not from the wild or fur farmed animal. The girl who bought it today, for a nominal amount, looked like art student or arty person and wanted it to wear which was nice to hear. 
Coming home from an afternoon of teaching the reception class there was not a cloud to be seen. 
That made it nice to be working outside though I didn't appreciate being bitten by the many midges. Up above there was a big group of at least 20 swallows swooping about and feeding on the said midges.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Wonderful photos, Ruta. I think it's great you were able to send the coat on for more years of wear.