Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 3 October 2016

Warm.

Another warm and sunny day today. Being autumn the garden was very wet first thing and in those parts that the sun doesn't reach (too many of those at this time of year) everything stayed wet. That didn't stop me going out this morning and cutting back the clumps of the very tall crocosmia by the sides of the drive.
I had my Year 2 class this today and it was a pretty uneventful afternoon. I even cracked getting into the on-line register for the first time in that room. You would think that it would be the same route in each class to get onto the correct page, once the programme has accepted the class password which it doesn't always do, and the school administrator did try and set them all to come up the same. However it's one of those all dancing all singing programmes so it's easy for things to change. I don't have any problems in the other classes I teach. After school I took the car round to the garage for a quick check of the exhaust. It had been sounding a bit loud to me and as only half of it was replaced last time I didn't want to take a chance that something was about to fall off. The chap at the garage said it did sound a bit loud but when he put it up on the ramp he couldn't find any holes or loose bits. I'll just have to keep an ear open in case it gets louder or starts to 'pop' which happens when there is a little hole and cold air is drawn in when you decelerate. 
Coming home it was still nice and sunny though I could see rows of fluffy clouds off to the east. I had the time to cut down the first and biggest clump of purple loosestrife. I started off by carefully placing the 6 ft stems in a neat pile with all the pieces aligned to make it easy to carry. Then as I moved along the bank the branches got thrown down any old how and by the time I had finished  the garden looked as if a herd of elephants had been through it. It was quite a task to clear up all those branches.
I finally found out about the filming in Lynmouth yesterday. It's a film being made about the time a lifeboat was towed by hand 13 miles across Exmoor in 1899 so it could be launched at Porlock as the sea conditions were too rough to get it into the water at Lynmouth. 

No comments: