Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Windy.

Today has been warm and windy. We had a sunny start with the clouds beginning to blow in by lunchtime. During the morning I saw butterflies and a dragonfly and there are still a group of swallows around that haven't left yet to spend the winter in Africa. 
This morning I went out and cut back the stand of purple loosestrife by the back lawn and I cut back the rest of the clumps by the pond when I came home from school. The trouble with gardening is you do one job only to see half a dozen urgent things that need doing. Not only are there the weeds that were hidden by the bigger plants needing to be got rid of but I had forgotten that the wild flower meadow areas need their annual cut back. I made a start this evening and I have to say it wasn't a lot of fun carrying a big roll of wet grass and other plants while mud dripped down into my wellies. Still I only need to do that once a year and hopefully / possibly? we will be gone before it needs doing again. 
At school I had the fun job of hand printing and colour mixing with the reception children. They worked in pairs each child first making a hand print of a primary colour and then they rubbed their hands together to mix the colours. One pair went into absolute paroxysms of laughter, I had no idea that painting was so funny. After school all I had to do was to write down the comments they made and hang up their pictures so I was out by 4.15. Coming home I stopped at the top of the drive to pick up the re-cycling box and had a chat with my neighbour who was taking two children out for a lead rein ride.

No comments: